Monday, October 10, 2011

Faithful Pleasures

I finally had all this time today to just relax.. It gave me time to pray and to spend some good time with the Lord. I opened up my "Utmost for His Highest" (daily devo, highly recommended.) It overwhelms me when I miss days and the pages are blank, so I don't go by date. Just what I've missed. This evening, I read about how we can't be exactly how God is, so why are we always trying? We are constantly trying to be holy, to be faithful.. And other things. But how can we do this without guidance, or obeying God, or even being in the right standing relationship with Him? We need all these things and then after being in the right with Him we can leave it up to Him- since He is holy, He can make us holy. Since He is faithful, He can make us faithful. And so on and so fourth. It's simple, but we take it for granted so often because those things are what we think will help up be stronger in Christ, but honestly, Christ can make us stronger in Him, along with prayer obedience. Because of God's atonement, we are able to be in perfect oneness with Jesus, because He died for us.
You cannot right what is wrong, you cannot redeem the world, these are things for God because He is able! Do you have faith in what Christ has done? Are you in the habit of constantly realizing it?

"The greatest need we have is not to do things, but to BELIEVE things."
-Oswald Chambers

"Don't even run little errands that are connected with that old way of life. Throw yourselves wholeheartedly and full-time-remember, you've been raised from the dead!-into God's way of doing things." (Romans 6:13)

No comments:

Post a Comment